|Original design for PortalBearer|
The original title of the novel was The Olympus Corps after a short story of the same name I wrote in high school. It later became Task Force: Gaia—Destiny's Talisman.
The original premise was Star-Trek-meets-Greek-Myth.
The location for the ancient society was called Arvador, a name I created before I changed it to Arkadeia.
The book was divided in two parts: Dike (pronounced DIE-key) for Mortal Justice and Themis for Divine Justice. This premise was scrapped later.
- Danelos Fairmont
- Originally Danaelos. Name shortened for ease of pronunciation.
- Mother: Lydia; Father: Mark (Apollo in mortal form, unbeknownst to Lydia or Dan).
- Brandon was born first.
- Mark "allegedly" dies on an oil rig. Lydia gives up Brandon for adoption to Mark's best friend, Zachary Jeffries. Dan was born a short time later (Lydia was pregnant before Mark died).
- Zachary consoled Lydia, later marrying her. Lydia was a teacher (not an Arkadeian queen).
- Dan was a teacher for the gifted, not an archaeologist.
- Originally, the sword was made of adamantium.
- See above about birth and parentage.
- Much of his character remained the same in the later years.
- Originally Rebecca Halston.
- Much of her character remained the same in the later years.
- Her origin involved going to Ancient Greece to the first Olympic games where she saves a couple by throwing a javelin to stop a runaway discus. The couple was Zeus and Hera. Zeus endows the javelin with the power to call forth his lightning.
- Danaelos had created a feather charm that hid her winged form from regular people.
- Sarah's parents were married until her father and brother were killed in a car accident.
- She was a nuclear engineer that handled waste disposal.
- Her abilities have remained the same.
- Her original codename was Elemental.
|Cover mock up before the days of PhotoShop.|