My friend and fellow author Vance Bastian mentioned this to me, and I read through the posts he put on his blog thus far. I'm intrigued by this challenge, actually, and it will get me into something different. I have some catching up to do, so here we go!
Day 1 Challenge (October 1) was Define Yourself as a Writer. I'm using the same format Vance used, so here goes:
Name (as used in byline): David Berger
Position(s): Author, Teacher
Skill(s): Storytelling, writing, editing, and proofing
Social media platform(s)—active: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
Social media platform(s)—lurker: Independent Author Network, DitterVerse, Internet Author Database
URLs: http://www.davidbergerbooks.com, www.facebook.com/david.berger, www.facebook.com/taskforcegaea
Accomplishments: Masters degree in Secondary Education, concentration in English, first three novels in a series of five published, contributed to short story anthologies
Interests: Writing, teaching, fitness, reading
In one sentence, who am I? David Berger is an English teacher and author, and someone who loves empowering others.
Day 2 Challenge (October 2) was Set Your Writing Goals
- In October, complete the October Platform Challenge.
- Finish plotting Of Mortal Bonds by the end of November 2015.
- Finish plotting The Archer's Paradox by the end of December 2015.
- Publish The Archer's Paradox in 2016.
- Publish Of Mortal Bonds in 2016 (at least one of the books).
- Publish Book 5 of the Task Force: Gaea series.
- Publish The Quest of Wyndracer and Fyrehunter from The DragonHawk Cycle.
- Complete The DragonHawk Cycle within five years.
- Contribute to more short story anthologies.
- Improve my financial stability.
- Keep my fitness goals consistent yet growing.
Day 3 Challenge (October 3) was Start a Writing Blog
DONE! You're on it!
Day 4 Challenge (October 4) was Claim Your Domain.
I'm ready for more! Stay tuned for the rest of the challenge as October unfolds! Thanks, Vance!